At Wirth Research we believe that life can be more enjoyable and sustainable through our technologies. We strive to make buildings better to live, work and shop in, while providing our clients with a compelling return on their investment. Having set the standards for aerodynamic development in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) during our history in pinnacle motorsport we now use those skills for exciting and novel sustainability and built environment projects.
Wirth Research is looking for an Aerodynamicist or CFD Engineer to help us achieve our objectives. You will be joining a team of highly skilled engineers, hone your skills and gain experience in challenging projects.
If you like how this sounds, we would love to hear of your passion for aerodynamics and your commitment to technical excellence. Send your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working Arrangements: Full-time position, 40 hours per week. Mixture of remote working and site presence.
• Deliver projects with the support of a project leads.
• Produce reports of high quality where findings are communicated to clients clearly.
• Adhere to the team’s Quality Assurance (QA) standards.
• Help the management team in the preparation of marketing materials, fee proposals and other documents.
• Contribute to innovative engineering solutions for continuous improvement of internal capability.
What we’re looking for
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail. We are particularly interested in candidates who can be creative in the application of physics and technology to solve diverse problems.
• Graduate in good Aerospace Engineering Degree or equivalent, 2:1 or better.
• Strong understanding of Computational Fluid Dynamics (OpenFOAM preferred) software, and aerodynamics.
• Challenges data and current ways of thinking.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to form good relationships with peers.
• Good communication skills and high quality reporting.
• A good understanding of basic Microsoft Office packages.
• Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, VBA, Matlab, etc is desirable.