Wirth Research is an innovative company specialising in research, development, design and manufacture across multiple industry sectors.
The role will involve the design of complex and precision components and the design of systems and assemblies from concept through to final manufacturing drawings. The role is suited to an organised, proactive and self motivated individual with 2+ years proven industry experience in design.
• A Degree in mechanical engineering or time served apprentice with ideally 2+ years experience in the design of complex and precision components
• Ideally 2+ years industry experience in the design of systems and assemblies from concept through to final manufacturing drawings
• Experience in designing components for a variety of manufacturing methods, such as machining, fabrication, injection moulding and GFRP
• Experience of producing engineering release information for effective Bill of Material (BoM) requirements
• Ability to produce drawings to BS 8888 or ASME Y14.5 or similar internationally recognised standards for effective component manufacture
• Demonstrate an understanding and experience of mechanical components from a hands on perspective
• Experience in using 3D CAD software
• Ability to produce layouts and detailed component design and assembly drawings from simple sketches
• Taking design concepts from aerodynamic development through to designing for manufacture