Wirth Research is an innovative company specialising in aerodynamics and conceptual design working with some of the biggest industry names across multiple sectors including the built environment, refrigeration and transport.
We believe that life can be more enjoyable and more sustainable through our technologies. We are able to make buildings better to live, work and shop in; to make vehicles more energy-efficient; and do all of this while providing our clients with a compelling return on their investment.
The aerodynamicist role will focus on providing aerodynamics development for various projects and developing CFD methodology. The role will encompass the complete development cycle from initial concepts through to final design.
This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate.
• Conduct aerodynamic design and development
• Analyse numerical and graphical aero data and interpret flow structures
• Generate detailed reports of work carried out, conclusions and next steps
• Contribute to the development of departmental tools and processes
• Contribute ideas for new aerodynamic designs
• Generate CAD schemes for new aerodynamic designs
• Diagnose and fix problems
• Verify mesh quality and boundary conditions
The ideal candidate:
• Graduate with good Aeronautical Engineering Degree or equivalent
• Experience in aerodynamics work
• CAD literate (Siemens NX desirable)
• Challenges data and current ways of thinking
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
• Strong team player