Wirth Research is an innovative, cutting-edge engineering company, specialising in research and development across multiple industry sectors including motor racing and other high technology sectors.
We are looking for a talented individual to work within our R&D Department supporting projects with all aspects of the electronics product development process from architecture & concept definition through to detailed modelling, production and all validation phases.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, enthusiastic individual with good understanding of electronics, with the ability to identify problems and work effectively with people at all levels.
Typical tasks will include:
- Ability to use basic test equipment e.g. DMM, oscilloscope etc
- Fault finding of digital and analogue circuitry
- Operating power and manual tools safely
- Understand drawings, technical manuals and instructions to perform system installation activities
- Installation and assembly of electronic systems based on technical specifications
- Ability to wire miniature sub assemblies and experience of working with miniature connectors
- Repair and maintain electronic systems as needed
- Responsible for soldering work – wiring, SMT construction and rework, including leaded components
- Make cable and wiring connections accurately
- Perform regular inspections to identify defects and replacements
- Construction of custom test equipment and perform system testing to evaluate performance and functionality
- Maintain inventory control of electronic components and tools
- Maintain documentations of system installation and maintenance procedures
- Recommend upgrades and modifications to improve system performance
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline (Electronics, Mechatronics)
- Experience preferable in motorsport, aerospace or safety critical environment
- Be familiar with industry regulations & references with respect to electronic units
We are looking for an experienced 3D Artist to join our Graphics department. This role will suit someone with a background in 3D animation/modelling and have worked in a creative studio environment or project. This is an opportunity to have creative freedom and input on projects internally as well as with external clients. You will work on a variety of exciting projects within a multiple of industry sectors from defence to motor sports and architecture.
- Provide general graphic design support to Wirth Research such as product rendering, creating marketing material, website graphic, company branding to film edit and animation.
- Converting CAD data for the use of animation and rendering.
- Monitor and report progress of graphics projects against agreed targets and schedules.
- Create high quality visualisation and animation representations for internal and external clients
- Working closely with the CFD department in developing new tools, techniques and workflow for using CFD data in other application (e.g. animating within 3Ds Max)
- Ensure ongoing development of personal skill set in new methods used within 3D visualisation
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualification within 3D design/animation or experience in a relevant field
- Strong knowledge of 3dsmax
- Rendering using Mental Ray and Vray
- Ability to create high quality studio style renders
- All round 3D animation skill and effects
- Strong knowledge of Adobe creative suite: After effect, Illustrator, In design
- Able to animate in After effect including infographic and effects
- Able to learn new skills and software quickly
- Able to work alone on entire project with tight deadlines
- Must have good initiative and problem solving skills
- Good all round modelling and texturing abilities
- All rounded generalist and able to work with multiple software
- Knowledge of CAD data and format
- Film editing skills
- Able to mock up ideas, concepts and storyboard
- Some understanding of CFD data and how to convert for use in other 3D applications
- Understanding of point cloud data (laser scanning)
- Able to work with real time engine (Unity, Unreal)
We are always keen to hear from creative, highly motivated team players who have a passion for innovation. If you are interested in joining our dynamic company, based in Bicester, and benefiting from working with our knowledgeable, experienced team, please refer to details of any open vacancies or alternatively contact usHow to Apply